Saturday, November 19, 2011

30 Days of Comics: Day Eighteen



On the seventeenth of this month Rosalie Lightning, the very young daughter of cartoonists Tom Hart and Leela Corman, passed away unexpectedly in her sleep. The shocking and heartbreaking news has passed through the comics community this weekend.

Tom and Leela have touched so many, not only through their work but through their commitment to the community through support and education of other cartoonists. Recently the family moved cross-country - from New York to Florida - to start a new cartooning school, The Sequential Art Workshop.

Personally: Tom was the very first person to contact me, with kind words of appreciation, at the inception of this website. To have an established cartoonist of Tom's stature (as well as a cartoonist whose work I already admired) contact me, unsolicited, with such words of support... well, it meant a lot to me.

My heart goes out to Tom and Leela at this unimaginably difficult time for them. No parent should have to go through what they're going through right now. Cartoonist Lauren Weinstein has set up an emergency memorial fund to help them with whatever they need in their time of grief. Please consider donating.

Today's comics were drawn by my own children, Sophie (6 years old) and Jamon (4).
I love them very much and I feel so lucky to have them both.


Thirty Days of Comics info.
Also, follow 30 days on Twitter, #30dayscomics.

(Still posting these at my main site.)

No comments:

Blog Archive