Tuesday, September 04, 2007

waiting...



Hope everyone had a good weekend. Three days, here in the U.S. for Labor day.

This Sunday I forsook my usual small town hermetic existence for a jaunt up to beautiful Cleveland for a Cloud Cult show. Always an entertaining band (well, the two time that I've seen them at least...) As a bonus I got to meet up with Steve (Fabricari) Harrison and his wife Meili, who also attended the show. It was nice to get to talk shop face to face with another cartoonist for once (I don't get to talk about comics much 'cause most people I know don't really care). I'm sure the explosion of comicspeak bored poor Meili half to death, and I apologize for that.
Social gaffes aside (I also neglected to introduce Steve and Meili to another from the Wooster contingent there, Mr. Adam Budd...) I had quite an enjoyable evening. And meeting Steve made this whole webcomics thing seem a little more real.

Thanks for coming out guys. Hope you enjoyed it as well.

3 comments:

Fabricari said...

I gotta say, especially after that show, Cloud Cult's really grown on me - their latest album is really good. It was really cool to finally meet up and yammer about comics. I can't think of many better ways to spend an evening.

Unknown said...

Man, you guys have succeeded in making me sad that I live on the west coast...

Tymmi said...

Steve and I can each tape record one half of a conversation and send it to you. Next time Cloud Cult comes near you go to the show and play the tape. It'll almost be the same thing.

Seriously, though, you should go see them if they come your way. It's a good show.

Blog Archive