Thursday, July 19, 2007

Mission: Commission, before and after

before:



after:





I was recently hired to make a short comic to be included in the program for the first ever Deep Blues Festival in River Falls Wisconsin. It started out as a kind of mythologization of the founding of the festival based around a scene and ended up a mythologization of a scene with the festival as it's core.
I guess.

Is mythologization a word?

Anyway, some links:
Deep Blues Festival Homepage and MySpace page

Rick Saunder's original Deep Blues website

Justin DeGarmo, the illustrator responsible for the original logo design which I ruthlessly cribbed in the comic.

and, let's see... Fat Possum Records. If anyone wants to buy me the new Dinosaur Jr record, then great! Even with the money off this comission, I still can't afford to buy it myself.

No comments: