Since Bill basically likes the original design, I didn't have to do a whole lot of thumbnails for this. Basically, it's just adding the boat.
Which is pretty much what I did here:
So a few quick thumbs for monkeying with the layout...
and I settled on the design I should've had in the first place:
I angled the boat for a more dynamic design. I also altered the position of the boys, making them react to the steamboat a little and (hopefully) tie the composition together.
I'm not sure about the direction the boat's pointing. Ideally the boat's front should point to the right (forward moving direction), right? To tell you the truth I don't know which end is the front of the steamer. I may have got it backwards. I'l have to look into that.
All in all pretty happy with the design. I'll have to tighten it up, of course. We'll see if Bill likes it first though.
- ► 2009 (51)
- ► 2008 (67)
- ► 2007 (111)
- ► 2006 (131)
- I'm a new father. Bear with me.
- Everybody else can stop trying. We have had the wo...
- The Past Still Haunts Me (or Bad German Comic)
- It might be... It could be... IT IS!!!
- Salem Jack: narrative, oh narrative...
- It's Coming...
- Process: Salem Jack sketches
- Pre-Process: Salem Jack Cover
- Sometimes people will even give you money to draw ...
- Even Money's on Merlin
- God Save the Kinks?
- ▼ June (11)