The new comic brings up some old memories.
I was talking to Markus the other day about my high school German class and how I managed to pass it without actually learning a lick of the language.
I used to draw little comics for my teacher, painstakingly translated to really bad German (via looking up pretty much every word). Herr Caputo took a liking to me and to these really bad little renderings. Since we were a public school with virtually no accountability he could get away with just passing whoever he took a personal liking to, regardless of their actual knowledge.
So bad art and horrible language skills actually got me through my foreign language requirement and, therefore, my High school diploma.
Anyway, I still have some of these drawings laying around so I thought I'd post 'em up.
Backstory: This was done in to a short production of the Snow White story my German class was putting on.
In case you're wondering I played the mirror.
(click to enlarge)
- ► 2009 (51)
- ► 2008 (67)
- ► 2007 (111)
- ► 2006 (131)
- I'm a new father. Bear with me.
- Everybody else can stop trying. We have had the wo...
- The Past Still Haunts Me (or Bad German Comic)
- It might be... It could be... IT IS!!!
- Salem Jack: narrative, oh narrative...
- It's Coming...
- Process: Salem Jack sketches
- Pre-Process: Salem Jack Cover
- Sometimes people will even give you money to draw ...
- Even Money's on Merlin
- God Save the Kinks?
- ▼ June (11)