Friday, November 07, 2008

! - page thirty-nine



If you missed it or don't remember here's what's happened so far.

Apparently my old grade-school best friend, Nate Silver, accurately predicted the electoral outcome of the presidential election down to the exact number of (electoral) votes each candidate would receive. Here's a clip of Nate on the Colbert Report before the election (which I missed when it aired, not having Comedy Central).
I'd heard of Nate's success as a baseball statistician, but I haven't seen or spoken to him in, oh... say, seventeen years or so. Nate was my closest friend in all my grade school years, and I've always regretted losing touch (I kind of socially imploded when we moved from East Lansing to Wooster in the early 90s). Seeing him all over the news and on TV after all this time has been a bit surreal.

Anyway, good on ya, Nate. Way to statistitize.

EDIT:
As long as I'm blabbing I should point you to some drawings I did for Troy Swain's drawn word project he's been posting at his LiveJournal. The drawn word project is pretty cool (unless you ask Frank Santoro) and he's got a lot of really talented cartoonists and illustrators to participate - and then me too...
Check 'em out!

No comments:

Blog Archive