Sunday, June 05, 2005

Even Money's on Merlin

So somehow I got nominated for a Webcartoonist Choice Award for outstanding use of infinite canvas. I'm up against D. Merlin Goodbrey and Drew Weing so I'm not gonna go planning an acceptance speech or nothin'.

There are a lot of pretty good comics up this year, in fact.
Some from my list are:
Copper by Kazu Kibuishi
A Lesson is Learned but the Damage is Irreversible by Dale Beran & David Hellman
Achewood by Chris Onstad
Dinosaur Comics by Ryan North
The Discovery of Spoons by Alexander Danner & John Barber
The Perry Bible Fellowship by Nicholas Gurewitch
Its about Girls by William G

and a bunch of other comics that maybe I should be reading.

1 comment:

Tymmi said...

Woah! People read this?!?

Thanks, to both of you. I appreciate the support.

And you're right, Alexander, about the timeliness of Merlin's nomination (although the Formalist was from the past year) but I still think he's going to get the votes. I don't have to tell you that a common complaint against the awards is the "poularity contest" aspect they seem to have. Merlin's just got the name recognition (regardless of when the comics came out). If people bother to vote in the infinite canvas category at all they'll probably vote for him.

That being said, I'm a bit surprised to be on the list at all (despite being mentioned as a nom by a few prominent webcartoonist/bloggers - thank you) so, who knows? I do appreciate your vote.

Blog Archive