Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Briefest of Interludes: a not-so-brief interlude

Hey! Remember me?
Been a while since I posted an update for ! here and I have more coming, but I'm going away for the holiday and I thought I'd let you know what else I've been up to lately before I disappear again.

Some of you may remember me mentioning that I was working on a rewrite of my Lost and Found story-sketch (or sketch-story) for Cat Garza's Secrets and Lies anthology. Well I finished it now, and it's ended up quite a bit different than the original.

I cut the length by more than half to seven pages. The layout treatment is altered a bit, as are the character design and dialogue. It's also a completely different story called The Untold Mysteries of (Popular) Science.
Here's a brief exerpt from page two that pretty much sums up the premise:




I've also been playing the "part-time illustrator." My friend Chris is on the board of directors for the local Humane Society. He asked me to work up a design for their "Animal Transport Vehicle." Here's the colored pencil rough:



So all that - and, like, real life - has been keeping me pretty busy. Thanks to everybody for your patience. I'll be back with a page or two of ! next week, after the holiday.

No comments: